Course & Training
COM HPC™ Client & COM-HPC™/Server Standards and Definitions
The usage of standardized Computer-on-Modules in the embedded market shows a long success record. The best example is COM Express®, the world’s leading standard for Computer-on-Modules. However, the embedded market is facing new challenges.
Applications such as artificial intelligence, autonomous driving and the upcoming 5G wireless standard come with enormous data hunger and require more computing power. Moreover, this also requires new concepts for embedded computers: existing standards will no longer be sufficient to cope with the growing embedded market challenges. Therefore, together with other leading manufacturers in the industry, Kontron has set up a new working group in the PICMG standardization committee to make the COM standard fit for the future. Computer-On-Modules High-Performance Computing – COM HPC™ – will complement the existing COM Express® standard, targeting industrial scenarios and other embedded server/client applications with harsh environmental conditions.
In this Webinar, You will learn about:
- COM-HPC™: Definitions, specifications and form factors
- New high-speed connectors, supporting fast connections like PCIe Gen4/5, USB 3.2/4.0 and 25 Gigabit Ethernet enabling 100 GbE network connection.
- COM-HPC™/Server targeting edge server with focus on high Ethernet bandwidth applications
- COM Express® projects led by Eastronics
- New Intel Architecture-based Server Platforms